I suggest you ...

Handle wrapped lines in DESCRIPTION field?

I received a .vcs file in ANSI format (VCALENDAR VERSION:1.0). This file includes a field named DESCRIPTION;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE containing "=0D=0A" i.e. <CR><LF> characters to produce a new line in the Description text. This character sequence is converted to a single space when imported into Windows 10 Mail.

I can't tell if the Mail app is not honoring the newline or if your Calendar Import program is not paying attention to this? Or perhaps the .vcs file is malformed? Hope you will fix this if you can.

GREAT little app by the way, Thanks!

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Peter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

P.S. I just tried running this .vcs file through "VCS to ICS Calendar Converter" (had to use the earlier version 2.1 as the latest v3.0 will not work on Windows). That program produces an .ics file with the Desciption label changed to simply "DESCRIPTION" and the "=0D=0A" sequences changed to "\n".

However the Description field in the Calendar Import screen is still not properly formatting the newlines. At that point it hasn't even been imported into Windows Calendar, so it seems that this particular bug is happening in your program, not Windows.

(I mistakenly referenced "Windows Mail" in my original post above but to be clear this is happening entirely in Calendar.)

Feedback and Knowledge Base